Monday, January 5, 2009

Total Chaos

Today is the first day of school and total chaos. The desks and benches did not match. And they were assigned to the wrong classrooms. I guess I can hold myself responsible for simply giving instructions and not personally supervising the whole thing. But I can’t be everywhere, can I? I sometimes wonder if the others on the project can think beyond breakfast, lunch and dinner and an occasional trip to the market. Yes, as you can see I am frustrated.


It’s not bitterly cold this morning. The lowest temperature I saw was 10 degrees Celsius. It’s warmer now that we have bright sunshine. The kids are out playing during break and I decided to write yet another post for the blog.


Ramprasad is working on the remaining benches. Simha (Sim) is busy trying to teach nursery. Bansi is trying to figure out where he has stored the Class 1 books and Suman is busy making lunch. I think I’ll declare a holiday once the kids come back from their break.


Last night Bruni and her brood spent the night in Suman’s room on a nice and warm straw bed. She likes it there so much that she’s in there and not out in the sun. It’s probably warmer in there. Her kids don’t like it outside either. They kept up a constant racket till we put them in with their mother. I’ve managed to take some pictures and I am uploading one of them.

1 comment:

pradip said...

Dada, thanks for the pic