Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nursery Whitewashed

I just spoke to Renee. She's on the bus with Karoline. I'm relieved. They were to contact Sim today or at least call Mitali. They did neither! Anyway, it seems Sim has gone to the bus station to meet them. That's very nice of him.

It's been a good day at the project. Ramprasad finally managed to finish making the desks and benches. The painter came to white wash the remaining classroom that now has the nursery class. As a result we had to declare today as a holiday for the nursery kids. Tomorrow they will have a freshly painted classroom. Hopefully, from tomorrow the desks and benches will start getting painted. Dani and Tak are very keen to do something in the afternoon.

They've both taken to teaching. Today, since nursery was off, they taught in class 1 and really enjoyed themselves. Class 1 kids can understand English and I guess they were able to interact better. I'm really glad they are here. It surely makes life easy for me. I could concentrate on teaching Classes 3 and 4.

The afternoon was lazy. The girls slept. Bansi went to the market. Suman kept giving me periodic cups of tea. And I read a book. Strangely enough I did not feel like taking an afternoon nap as I usually do.

In the evening I gave Dani and Tak their first Hindi lesson! It's dark now. We are all waiting for the dinner bell. There's a moon in the sky but it's too cold to be outside to admire it. But it's not bitterly cold. Though the sky was overcast in the morning. We got sunshine during the rest of the day.

No comments: