Friday, January 23, 2009

Daily Dilemma

I did not write the blog last night partly because nothing apart from routine happened. And partly because I was upset about something and I did not wish to inadvertently express my feelings here.
That’s one dilemma I often face. How much should I put down in a blog? Especially a blog that is project related. Should I put down my own feeling and observations about people who live on the project? Isn’t it rather unfair? I can let the world know what I think about someone and they don’t even have a chance to defend themselves.
Anyway, yesterday was a routine day. There was school as usual. The masons are still carrying out repair work. Balai is painting. The volunteers are helping out with teaching and daily chores. The only unusual thing that happened was that I had ask Bansi to come back from the market because someone had come to meet him. Fortunately, Bhola was in Chandna and he did the marketing for us and dropped off the vegetables etc on his way back home.
He does so much for the project. In fact he seems to be a lot more involved in the project than those who should be. I’ve asked him to arrange for the Republic Day celebrations and and I can rest assured that he will take care of everything. He is full of advice and suggestions. I wish he could work for the project. Unfortunately, he is the only son in a joint family of traders so even though he loves to be associated with the project, he can’t be here full time. But even without any recompense, he does a lot for the project.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I believe yours is the universal blog dilemma--to what degree can you discuss personal issues given a public audience. My sister who moved to Dubai has the same issue with her blog. She seeks to be informative and honest, yet knows not all of her reflections are fit for public consumption. Maybe the answer is a more intimate blog for your closest friends?