Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

I won't call this a new year's resolution, but I am determined to post regular updates at the blog site. It will be one way to ensure that I maintain a project log. I hope I will have the discipline.

I got back to the project this morning and promptly fell asleet after the bus journey. I hadn't slept a wink -- especially after I discovered that we were driving through fog. Visibility was abour 10 yards. I don't know how the driver managed to drive at a steady pace. The taxi ride from Godda to the project was just as harrowing.

But when I finally reached Roldih I was greeted by sunshine and Bruni, who seemed glad I had come back. She shared breakfast with me and then returned to her brood. I saw them this afternoon. Their eyes are open now and they have a tendency to wander off! But most of the time, because of the cold, they stay huddled together.

And it is cold here now. Just before sundown it was 17 degrees Celsius. But once the sun went down the temperature plunged to 13 degrees in an hour. I'm sure it will grow colder as the night progresses.

All's well here on the project. The project team and the kids have been celebrating while I was away. They had a bonfire on the night of the 31st. And on the 1st day of the year all the kids got together and had a picnic in school! Sim says the food was plentiful.

Tomorrow we are going to have admissions for those wanting to join nursery and class one. I wonder how many will come. I am also wondering how I am going to manage all five classes. But we are expecting volunteers on the 6th. So we'll manage this month at least. At least it will be a good start. I'll improvise as we go along.

Well, that's all from me for now. The connection is very slow. So I won't write too much. It may take ages to upload and my laptop's battery may run out. I do hope someone reads all this?

1 comment:

pradip said...

Good evening Dada, I read your blog, next time i want to see bruni and puppies.