Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The temperature was 38C at 7:00 a.m! And the mercury kept climbing as the day progressed. By noon it was unbearably hot. The heat was so oppressive that it was impossible to do anything. Even reading was an effort. Indoors it was like a sauna. Outdoors the heat was searing.

I had an early morning visitor and by the time he left, it was too late for me to teach. Just as well, because I really didn't have the energy to do anything. I had been up almost all night shuttling between the toilet and my bed. The stomach cramps had returned with a vengeance.

I did spend a little time just before lunch setting up the new printer. It works! So I've printed out a picture of the children working on their computers and pasted it on the black board in class 4. I am looking forward to seeing their faces when the come to school tomorrow morning.

It's been a quiet day. People aren't stepping out of their houses. So there's no human noise. Even the animals are quiet. I fell asleep soon after lunch and woke up to an overcast sky. It means nothing. I am hoping it will rain. But I don't smell any dampness in the air and the wind is still hot an dry. The temperature is a couple of degrees lower. But the humidity has remained unchanged. It would be great if it rained.

1 comment:

Franca said...

Yes, it will be great if it rained, here too. We're having temperatures of around 40ÂșC, and the worst is that they're not going much below at night.

I read your diary from time to time. Hope your stomach and you are going better.