Sunday, June 7, 2009

The net connection has been very, very slow for the past two days. I've not been able to upload a blog entry. I wonder if what I am writing will be uploaded. I have a few pictures I would like to upload too, but with the kind of connection I have at the moment, that will be impossible.


Rahul and Sonia look on as Raiman and Prahlad work on their Class Mate PC. They were both impressed by the confidence of the kids in handling their CMPC. They were typing out their homework on it -- their diary.


Sonia and Rahul are here on the project. Now before you too excited, let me tell you that it's not the Gandhis that I am refering to. My guests are Rahul Bedi and Sonia Shrivastav from Intel. They were touring Intel-aided projects in Jharkhand and Bihar and so decided to pay us a visit -- especially because they have supported us to run the computer literacy programme in school.

It's nice to have them here. Rahul has been closely involved with Dakshinayan as a trustee and Sonia has considerable experience of grassroots projects. It's great talking to them and discuss future plans for the project -- especially regarding spreading computer literacy in this region.

The children's faces lit up when they were introduced to the wonders of the internet by Rahul.


They've gone out for a walk right now. They both arrived on Friday afternoon from Saharsa, in Bihar. They already visited Cheo and the surrounding villages. Unfortunately Sonia has to leave tomorrow for Delhi. Rahul and I will leave for Kolkata on Tuesday evening. Rahul flies to Bangalore on early Wednesday and I'll be back on the project by next Sunday after spending a few days in Kolkata.


The weather has been hot and humid, but we've also had some rains. Everything else is as usual.

No comments: