Sunday, June 28, 2009

It did not rain last night despite all the thunder and lightning. I slept on the veranda for a while and then moved back outside under the sky because it was too hot. It was hot under the stars too! I must have drifted off to sleep at about 2 a.m! 

The day was hot. And at times very, very humid. This is something I'm unable to understand. I can understand the humidity levels going up if there are clouds in the vicinity. But there were times when we'd have very clear skies but the humidity level would shoot up. 

A while ago it finally rained! But I am wondering if I can call it rain. It lasted less than 5 minutes and we could count the drops! It did not wet the earth at all. But strangely, it is cooler by a few degrees at least. Thank God, the sun is about to set. Or else the humidity would surely kill us.

Bhola and Richard have gone to Agiya Mor to buy vegetables. Khagen went home early in the morning and has not returned as yet. He promised to be back by 5:00 pm. I suppose, give or take a few minutes, he should be back. Life is quite peaceful on the project and I love it this way.


No comments: