Friday, February 27, 2009

Back to Kolkata

I’m feeling better, but still not 100%. Must be the change of weather. It’s hot in the morning and cold at nights. And it’s during the night that I feel “ill”. Wish I knew what was wrong. Anyway, I have to travel again tomorrow. I need to be in Kolkata to sign some documents. So I’m off tomorrow, Saturday and will get some rest on Sunday so that I can run around on Monday. I hope to catch the bus back on the 4th. So I should be back on the project on 5th, which is a Thursday.

I am reluctant to leave so soon after getting back here. I was looking forward to settling down to a routine life. I wanted to start Yoga in earnest. And I certainly wanted to be here to give away the weekly and monthly prizes. Also, new timings and new routine will be coming into effect from Monday, 2nd March and I would have liked to be here. But I HAVE to go.

Today was a routine sort of day. Graham started teaching. He’s enjoying it. Thanks to him we did not feel Nilambar’s absence. And I like the way Graham is quietly fitting into the project routine. It’s also nice to have someone to talk to occasionally.

Nilambar was back in the evening by 4. And Suman went home soon after. As usual, Suman should be back by sun-up tomorrow. Wonder if he’ll be back in time to give me my first cup of tea. Perhaps it will be Bansi who will do the honours.

All else is normal. I’ve been a bit preoccupied to get a net connection through Reliance GSM as Airtel is proving to be rather expensive. Their charges are 30p/50kb. So there’s no way of knowing if they are taking users for a ride. This afternoon I downloaded a simple mail and I was online for hardly 3 minutes. They charged me 24 Rupees for it! I’m convinced they are taking us rural folks for a ride.

Well, so I guess there will be no blog entries till I get back. But perhaps while I’m in Kolkata, I will take advantage of the net connection there to send out a newsletter.

No comments: