Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tranquil Thursday

I didn’t sleep well last night. I think I had fever. Or at least I felt feverish and restless. I thought I’d be tired in the moring, but I wasn’t. In fact, I felt good. But now that the sun is down, I’m feeling “not so good”. Don’t really know what’s wrong. I hope I’m not coming in for something serious. Can’t afford to fall ill here.

School went off ok. Graham is fitting in. At least he’s making a lot of effort. He spent time in my class as well as with Nilambar. From tomorrow he may have to start teaching because Nilambar went this afternoon to Poreya Haat where an ex-student of his is appearing for his board exam and needs a bit of extra coaching. He should be back by tomorrow afternoon. So Graham will fill in for him tomorrow. So why not the day after too? I will re-work the routine.

Bhola was here. Sardarji was here. Sardarji is the material supplier. I paid his dues. Bhola, as usual helpful, brought the re-charged battery and the gas cylinder on his way to Chandna Haat weekly market. He even bought vegetables for us and dropped it off on his way back. I paid some of his pending bills too. And we also discussed the well.

It seems the well might cost a lot more than we expected. We are still trying to figure out if it would be better to hire labourers from Roldih or give the whole job to a contractor. Well-digging is tricky business and it may be better to ask experts to undertake the work for us. It may cost a little more. But it certainly would be less hassle. It will be contractor’s responsibility to find the labour and get the work done. We have to take a decision soon as we MUST start digging in the first week of March.

It’s already warm and dry. I won’t say it’s hot. But it is certainly getting hotter every day. Once Holi, the festival of colour is over, summer will set in. Holi is on 11th March. The kids love the festival. I hate it because it’s messy. But like every year, this year too I will try to arrange a Holi colour fest in school. I’ll probably pick up some water pistols and some colour and give it to the kids and watch them have a ball!

From Monday the nursery kids are going to have drawing classes. Yvonne has sent so many coloured markers and crayons that each child will have his/her own colouring set. It should be fun for them.

They have started setting fire to the undergrowth. The hills all round are on fire. It looks quite beautiful from a distance. I’ll try and take some pictures.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Wish I could see the fires in the hills.