Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back in Roldih

It’s good to be back. And I’m glad all has been well while I have been away. Bansi, Nilambar and Suman must have been very busy cleaning up the place because the project looked very neat and clean when I arrived. But soon there was a strong wind which lasted all afternoon and the whole place got messed up. There were leaves all over the place. I guess the children will have their work cut out for them during “shramdaan” tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to teaching again. It’s been a while and the children of class 4 have suffered the most. I’m sure they are looking forward to having regular classes after this break. Nilambar and Bansi have been teaching all classes except class 4.

I was looking forward to meeting Bruni. But when I arrived she was not there. But when she came back in the evening she was both surprised and happy to see me. Apparently she did not come anywhere near my room ever since I went away. Her pups have grown up. One was taken away by a villager. There are four left now. Chandrama wants one for the Cheo Centre.
Balai completed whitewashing and painting today. I’ve even paid him for his services. I blessed him and told him that now that he has completed the project’s work, he’ll probably get a nice bride soon. He was quite embarrassed and said he has now decided not to get married. I know it’s not true.

Ever since I got back all I’ve been doing is sleep and sleep. It’s going to be back to routine from tomorrow. And you can also expect regular updates.

No comments: