Thursday, May 21, 2009

It rained a little bit a while ago. Had we been able to collect all the raindrops, we might have been able to fill up 10 buckets of water. And now I'm wishing it hadn't rained at all! The humidity is unbearable. It's like standing next to a furnace with someone sprinkling water into it! And to make matters worse, it is still. No breeze at all.



It's been a routine day. School early in the morning and then computer classes for the kids. Bhola and Bansi were supposed to have their class today, but neither of them showed up on time so I decided not to teach them! Bhola was at home and got caught up in something just as he was starting to come here. Bansi was in his room and did not show his face till Bhola arrived. So now I guess they will have to wait till day after to get a shot at the laptops.



Khagen and Duggan weaving the string cots.



Bhola has gone to Chandna. It's market day. The others are painting and pottering around the project. The kids didn't come to play this afternoon. I wonder why. Probably because of the rain. Like me they too probably thought it was going to pour.



No village visit today. I wonder if they will finish painting the window grills of the volunteer's rooms. They've been at it for the past four days. We've decided to replace the iron windows with wooden ones once we have some money. The iron windows are falling off and we can't repair them. We'll keep the grills and remove the "panes" and replace them with wooden ones.



That's all the news I have for today. And this humidity isn't making me feel very communicative either. I wish it had rained some more.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I remember those string cots very fondly. So comfy! Wish I had some over here right now...