Saturday, April 3, 2010

Is Anyone Reading This Blog?

Seriously, I would like to know if people are actually reading this blog because I am wondering if I should continue to write for it.

It was easy to write when I was on the project because I could talk about daily events. I could also upload pictures of the children and the project's activities. But now, when I am in Kolkata, I have to rely on news I receive from Bhola -- which isn't much. The phone conversations go something like this:

"How are you, Bhola?"

"I am fine. How is your health?"

"I am ok. How are Suman and Shanku?"

"They are fine."

"How's Bruni?"

"Fine."

"Did you have school today?"

"Yes."

"Are Kartik and Radha teaching ok?"

"Yes."

"Yoga?"

"Yes."

"Anything interesting happening?"

"We are watering the plants"

"Ok."

"Are there any volunteers coming?"

"Not this month."

"The udhari (money owed to people) is now 42,000!"

"What?!!!"

"Yes, we owe A...B....C....D..."

"Ok. I'll see what I can do. I don't have no personal funds to dip into."

"But people have to be paid."

"I know. Should I call them up?"

"No. But see what you can do."

"Ok. Is it hot?"

"Yes. Very hot."

"Anything else -- aur kuch?"

"Nothing. All is well."

"Ok. Bye."

So, you see? It's difficult to talk about the project here. And my own life is rather boring. Exciting bits I'd rather not share with you! :)

Hence, it's important I know if anyone is reading the blog. If no one is reading, then I might as well stop writing!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I still follow the blog.

Amie Blue (Green) said...

I read it as often as I can. Please please don't stop writing! The last post about the Right to Education Act was of course informative but more importantly raised some critical questions.

Renee said...

Still reading, still want to know! Dont stop writing!

Chris said...

Hello, Siddharth.
After some days very hot for the saison, here too, the rains is coming to day, it is good for the garden and now I wonder if I have to put the heating again ? as we do in winter ... two worlds :
you in Kalcuta (or Delhi ?), me in France ! :-) !

So, with this message I try to send you some fresh air. I believe is possible.

So many years, we have tried to get contact with you : Gilles, Patricia or me. May be it is possible by this (new ? )blog ...
So, you continue your calling for Dakshinayan and the children's school with so much energy.

We stay very sensitive about India, specially Patricia, because her daugther is travelling in India at this time.
Mine is the happiness of my life ! She has heard about India very often too...

Let us give others news about you, how is your health ? ...

Lot of Love

Christine

Franca said...

Reading again with pleasure. Don't leave us.