Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A quick post before I pack away the laptop. I'm running late. I am yet to pack! Bhola will drop me off at the bus station in Godda and he's already ready. But I am hoping not to leave before 4:30. It's just too hot! I can look forward to a very uncomfortable bus journey to Kolkata.

This morning I woke up and did a bit of "puja". Thanked Baba for creating this project through me. And generally, asked Him to take care of the present and the future as He has taken care of the past. I'm not good a praying. I believe Baba can look into my heart. So what's the use of uttering things that He know anyway?

When the kids arrived the class 2 kids were in for a shock! I stood there and watched and child after child rushed into their classroom and then rushed out because their classroom had disappeared! What they saw was a kitchen with Suman cooking! When the looked at me I said that I've disbanded class 2 because I felt they were not studying hard enough! Some of them actually believed me and asked what should we do now? And of course I pointed them towards the old kitchen. It was a pleasure to watch their faces light up! The other kids too had a great time watching them. They thoroughly enjoyed the leg pulling.

We had just three classes today. The rest of the day was declared a holiday. But before they left they were given sweets to eat. That's was our "Birthday Celebration" -- short and simple as always. The kids were happy and the teachers were happy too. They promptly started washing clothes and doing other things.

Well, it's time for me to leave. I don't know when I'll be able to post something again. I may write about my Bangalore experience. If I get a chance to get online.

See you anon.....

No comments: