Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ready to Go

I should have been leaving for the project today. Unfortunately, I did not get a ticket on the bus to Godda. So I am leaving tomorrow -- Sunday.

I do consider my trip to Kolkata quite fruitful. I managed to finish the report for Planet Wheeler Foundation. I also managed to send out a newsletter. I don't know if people have received it or read it because I haven't received many feedback mails. I also don't know if anyone reads this blog because no one has left a comment!

Anyway, I've had a few very good meals, a few drinks with my friend and neighbour Shibaji, and I've also had coffee at Barista, seen an excellent movie -- Last Lear, and I have managed to catch up with friends. It is now time to get back to the project and nature.

I've been in touch with Bansi and Yvonne. All's well on the project. But apparently it has rained all week and everything is wet. And of course work made no progress while I have been away.

I will try to update this blog via mobile. But it's a very unreliable connection at the best of times! So if you don't hear from me.......

This is Bansi...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Sid!

Sorry I haven't yet replied to the newsletter, I have been so busy with work and looking after my daughter...but now we have internet in my house so hope I can leep in touch more often.

Hope you had a Happy Diwali, we celebrate it here in Borneo, too.
Laura

Kristy Wendt said...

Hello Siddarth,

Kristy Wendt here from St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States. I just finished reading your October newsletter and am still considering a visit to Cheo in 2009. It sounds like you may be needing some supplies and encouragement! I spoke with a few former volunteers and believe that your program will be right for me. Best, Kristy

keito said...

Hi Siddaharth!
Long time no see. Sorry I couldn't leave the message. I've been sick and stayed at hospital. but now I'm getting better.

i want ot see you and vancy and kids again in the near future.
bye!
Keito from japan