Monday, September 6, 2010

Is the Weather Improving?

Fran, Hannah and Kaori left Roldih on Saturday. I spoke to them briefly before they left. They seemed ok. I got the impression they weren't too sad to leave. Or have I become used to more emotional farewells?

Actually, I haven't been able to establish much rapport with the last few volunteers. I haven't been on the project while Tom, Roisin, Fran, Hannah or Kaori were there. So there were no "chats" to get to know them better or to tell them about the project or my involvement in it. Also, they haven't seen me "inaction"? :) Hence, it's quite natural that they sould not feel emotional about saying goodbye to me or expressing their feeling about the project to me! But while Bhola kept on and on about how sad Tom and Roisin were about leaving the project and how much they cried (did they really?), he had nothing to say about the trio. In fact, when I called to enquire if he had put them on the bus to Kolkata, he was on his way back and was more keen to inform me that he would be going back to the project. I'm not keeping tabs on his attendance!

So there are no volunteers on the project now. It's time for me to fill in the blank! And it seems mother nature is trying to create the right conditions. It rained a bit yesterday after ages. And the sky is overcast right now. The sun was out in the morning. And no doubt, may even come out in a few minutes or hours. But if it's nice and cool, I certainly would feel more comfortable about going to Roldih. I'll give it a few more days to see how the weather behaves and then decide. Meanwhile, it's time to seriously explore possibilities of starting some work here.

1 comment:

Rajeev Pareek said...

It should improve, I don't know what is wrong with rain god this time. Not seems to be happy with Bengal this year. Otherwise July-September is a season to experience in Bolpur. Specially with dark clouds looming over huge paddy fields in outskirts, seeing nature's beauty at lake near deer park. There used to be on tower house in deer park, one can see spectacular view of monsoon from that tower.