Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm now in Kolkata

I'm in Kolkata. Catching up with mail and psyching myself to travel to first, Arunachal Pradesh and then New Delhi to attend training programmes to be held in these two places.

The weather here is wonderful. Not hot and not cold. I'm trying to enjoy it because I know pretty soon it will get hot and sticky. I never could stand Kolkata's summer. The humidity kills me. Hopefully, I'll be busy elsewhere throughout the coming summer.

Mitali and I are busy with the carpenter, electricians, etc. We are trying to set up a proper office for Dakshinayan -- a place where I can put the papers in order and a place to meet volunteers who wish to visit the project. It's time to re-start the orientation process. While I was on the project, this may not have been necessary. But now that I am not going to be there, it's important I meet people and tell them what to expect. At the moment, however, it seems as if there won't be too many visitors this year.

Well, in between travelling and learning new things and seeing new places, I'll be busy sorting out whatever papers we have. I will, no doubt, make a few trips to Bolpur. Honestly, however, it's all up in the air at the moment. I'm trying to take it easy and waiting for the pieces to fall before I start putting them in the right places.

Don't expect too many entries on the blog. If there's some interesting news from the project, I'll share it with you. And you can always expect news whenever I visit the project. But do visit once in a while to check it out.




2 comments:

Amie Blue (Green) said...

So excited for you and Dakshinayan. Also, really happy to hear that you have some constructive construction to focus on. Can't wait to hear about the seminars!

Renee said...

Wow can't believe your not at Dakshinayan any more! It must be a very strange feeling after such a long time but I think that a change is a good thing and I'm sure things will keep running smoothly. Will await more news from the project............